Electric wiring can be made of several metals however the most common metal is indeed brass, due to its electrical conductivity. Brass is an alloy which consists of copper, which helps the electricity to pass easily, without it being much heated. Brass wires act as the raw material for many wires which are used in industries which is then used in manufacturing other kind of wires with more ductility.
Continue reading “Advantages Of Automotive Brass Fitting Over The Iron Wires”
Plumbing is a very important craft of the household. It has been the first sign of modernization and civilization. Even though it is a very old trade, always new techniques and equipment are being discovered and invented.
Some of the tiny and important components of plumbing are necessary to be discussed and understood to the core because of the wide range of uses they have. Let us give a quick look at one such tiny part called a connector and in particular about the connectors made of brass.
Connectors are the simple metal pieces with facilities for connecting the piece at both the ends. Connectors are generally used to connect two or more pipes (3 in the case of a T – connector).
Sometimes they are also employed in changing the flow and also regulating it depending on the necessity. At times special connector are also used in closing or sealing a pipe.
A pipefitting is usually organized into a male thread, male slip fit, a female thread and a female slip fit.
Using Brass Connectors
Brass is an amalgamation of copper and zinc. This combination produces a metal so suitable for the plumbing needs that it has become one of the widely used material for component manufacturing in the plumbing industry.
Some of the special features and uses of brass connectors are discussed below:
- Durability of brass connectors – Brass is a durable material with respect to the water flows and connections. It serves the plumbing purposes by being resilient and serving long. Brass connectors do not easily crack or disintegrate easily. They are hard to corrode too. These features of brass connectors adds to their home value and makes them a good choice.
- Endurance to temperature changes – Brass connectors are ideal for household plumbing needs because brass can survive any temperature scales easily. House hold water distribution system will be supplying hot water and cold waters too.
Brass can withstand these temperature changes in the working environment easily. The resistance of brass connectors to temperature can be easily explained through the ductility of brass at high temperatures and its fire resistance capabilities.
- Malleability and versatile nature – Brass connectors are available for all connection needs. Brass is a highly malleable metal. It can be molded easily than iron or steel. This allows the manufacturers to have an edge in choosing brass for making connectors.
Connectors need to be shaped based on the requirement. They sometimes demand varied shapes and sizes. Brass connectors can fit into all these specific needs easily.
- Corrosion resistance – Though we have discussed the durable nature of brass connectors, it is important to specify the corrosion resistance of brass connectors. Corrosion and rust are two important factors that lead to lower life spans of plumbing equipment.
It is important to note that corrosion in plumbing generally occurs in the junctions and diversions where connectors are used. Brass being a combination of zinc and copper shows special properties with high resistance to corrosion. So, brass connectors are the best for a corrosion resistant environment.
With all these special properties of brass specified, it is an ideal choice for anyone to use brass connectors as all possible junctions and connections in household plumbing.
We are going to share tutorial to make your own curtain rod from galvanized brass pipe to have a cool, industrial chic environment. To make them glamorous, you can paint the pipe with golden spray color.
You can also use steel pipe, PVC pipe, or copper pipe if you don’t have brass material based pipe. You should use brass nipple fittings to join the pipes in stronger way.
People love decorating projects for their home as they inspire their people to start something they have been thinking about.
So, for curtain rod project, you will need-
- 2 galvanized floor flange ( ½ inch)
- 2 galvanized 90-degree elbow (1/2 inch)
- 2 Close brass nipple (1/2 inch)
- 1 galvanized pipe (1/2 inch by 60 inch)
Expert advice- Make sure you get the pipe wider than your window
Other supplies required for the project –
- Metallic Gold spray paint
- Clear gloss sealer (optional)
- 8 Drywall anchors
- 8 screws
Tools you should have-
- Cordless drill
- Tape measure
Start The Project
- Step one- Assemble all the pieces – rod and other fittings.
- Step two- Make sure you place the newspaper or long rag cloth below the fittings so that paint won’t make a mess on the floor.
- Step three- Remove grease from the pipe
You must clean the pipe and remove the grease from pipe and accessories. It is important to perform in order to hold that golden spray. After removal of the grease, dry it using a rag cloth.
- Step four- Use primer and make one coat to grip the golden spray color on the pipe and accessories.
Tip to use primer spray- use it from 8-10 inches away and shake the bottle every 20 seconds to get a flawless coverage.
Set it for half an hour.
- Step five – Paint the pipe and accessories
Once the primer coat has dried, you can spray the golden color.
Let them dry.
- Step Six – Assemble the curtain rod pipe
Assemble the curtain rod and measure it.
Order to assemble the parts will be like this-
Flange à Nipple à Elbow à Pipe à Elbow à Nipple à Flange
- Step seven – Attach the pipe flanges to the window wall.
- Step eight – attach the pipe curtain rod and it’s done.
This is the way you can recycle your old brass pipes, valves, and brass nipple fittings at your place. If you have more ideas to share, tell the readers.
There are 1 out of 2 of the brass covers which can come down or which cannot go up and just some of them can actually spin in the hole.
Let’s discuss on the top 2 problems that occur with the brass pool cover anchors. They are as follows:
Continue reading “Solutions To Deal With The Brass Pool Cover Anchors”
Manufacturers have designed thousands of parts for their customers and learned the ways to do cost effective production.
Continue reading “How Manufacturers Start From Scratch To Produce Brass Machine Screw Products?”
Inserts are the parts used to strengthen plastic parts in which screws need to be installed and removed many times. These inserts are usually made of brass that offers long thread life, solid, and secure fastening base. Manufacturers get them in stainless steel, aluminium, and free-machining steel finish along with brass.
Continue reading “Different Installation Methods Used By Brass Insert Manufacturers”
In previous years, precision turning was a difficult task and threaded inserts manufacturers had no option other than having their own lathe to achieve the required turned components for their manufacturing facility. Today, manufacturing foundries do not have to put their lathe machinery to separate space as they can forward the task of producing precision turning parts to the manufacturers specialized in this job.
Continue reading “How Can Contractual Manufacturing Of Threaded Inserts Benefit You?”